Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Seventeen Magazine Body Peace Treaty

Ladies, I want to introduce the Body Peace Treaty.
Thanks to Seventeen magazine (and promoted by The Biggest Loser with Jillian Michaels) the Body Peace Treaty is a treaty full of vows that has been signed by celebrities, editors, and many girls from all ages, backgrounds and lifestyles. This treaty has a simple purpose...to help every girl make peace with her body, and her mind. It's easy for me to tell you to love yourself and respect yourself and your body, but quiet honestly girls, that's easier said than done, and I know it, as do we all. Read the treaty below, sign it, follow it, and agree to love yourself for who you are, what you do, and how amazing you've become. While it's great to sign, we hope that you truly live it everyday. Lot's of love and support from Lil Miss Strong, Seventeen magazine, and readers/women across the country. And remember...the sun will rise tomorrow if you have that extra slice of pizza or that scoop of ice cream. <3
-Lil Miss Strong


Sign the Body Peace Treaty!

Make peace with your body by reading the vows and adding your signature to the list of editors, celebs, and readers like you!



Sign the Body Peace Treaty!
  • Do the little things that will keep my body healthy, like walking instead of hanging on the couch, or drinking water rather than something sugary.
  • Appreciate what makes my body different from anyone else's. I love that I'm unique on the inside, I will try to feel that way about the outside too!
  • Wear makeup only when I want to and it feels fun. I won't use it to hide the real me!
  • Accept that my body will go through changes, and that's okay.
  • Support my friends, who just like me, have their own body issues. Hey, we're all in this together!
  • Put my energy toward the things in life I care about instead of wasting another ounce of it on my insecurities.
  • Remember that the sun will still rise tomorrow even if I had one too many slices of pizza or an extra scoop of ice cream tonight.
  • Never blame my body for the bad day I'm having.
  • Stop joining in when my friends compare and trash their own bodies.
  • Never allow a dirty look from someone else to influence how I feel about my appearance.
  • Quit judging a person solely by how his or her body looks — even if it seems harmless — because I'd never want anyone to do that to me.
  • Notice all the amazing things my body is doing for me every moment I walk, talk, think, breathe...
  • Quiet that negative little voice in my head when it starts to say mean things about my body that I'd never tolerate anyone else saying about me.
  • Remind myself that what you see isn't always what you get on TV and in ads — it takes a lot of airbrushing, dieting, money, and work to look like that.
  • Remember that even the girl who I'd swap bodies with in a minute has something about her looks that she hates.
  • Respect my body by feeding it well, working up a sweat when it needs it, and knowing when to give it a break.
  • Realize that the mirror can reflect only what's on the surface of me, not who I am inside.
  • Know that I'm already beautiful just the way I am.
  • Not let my size define me. It’s far better to focus on how awesome I look in my jeans than the number on the tag.
  • Surround myself with positive people. True friends are there to lift me up when I’m feeling low and won't bring me down with criticism, body bashing, or gossip.
  • Accept the changes that my body is going through. I will celebrate my new shape and curves. I will rock what I've got!
  • Remember that sometimes I will have down moments. And in those times, I will remind myself of how awesome I am by looking in the mirror and saying, "I'm good! I can do this! I'm number one!"
  • Accept that beauty isn't just about my looks. It's my awesome personality and my energy that creates a whole, unique package.

To print out your own version of this list and add your online signature, go to http://www.seventeen.com/health/tips/body-peace-pledge.



No comments:

Post a Comment